- Anti-Corruption – A Big Bang Theory If the Big Bang theory could be backed by empirical research, the policy advice would be: If you only have a few resources, it is better to save them until you can muster a BIG BANG change. Otherwise, you may then end up in a worse situation because the anti-corruption forces that you have put in place are (or are seen as) supporting corruption (Offe 2004).
- Agency Guide to the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013 At its heart, a public interest disclosure scheme is about removing barriers that prevent people who work in the public sector from speaking up about serious problems that impact on public administration. All sta across the public sector have a part to play in ensuring that problems are identi ed early, appropriate action is taken and those who report wrongdoing are protected from reprisal.
- Handbook on Parliamentary Ethics and Conduct: A Guide for Parliamentarians The objective of the Handbook is to provide reform-minded parliamentarians with clear and useful guidance to develop the various building blocks of an effective ethics and con- duct regime – a regime that is consistent with their respective political and cultural contexts, and at the same time, adheres to fundamental international standards.
- Anti-Corruption Tool Kit Anti-Corruption Legislation: Amnesty, Reconciliation and Other Alternatives for Dealing with The Past; Common Standards to Prevent and Control the Laundering of Corruption Proceeds; Legal Provisions to Facilitate the Gathering and Use of Evidence in Corruption Cases – Easing the Burden Of Proof; Whistleblower Protection
- Highlights of the UN Convention against Corruption (UNCAC) The Convention is now the global instrument for combat-ing corruption. It complements the anti-corruption con-ventions of the Organisation of American States (OAS) states, the African Union and the Council of Europe, the SADC Protocol against Corruption and the OECD Con-vention on combating bribery of foreign public officials in international business transactions.
- Why corruption matters: understanding causes, effects and how to address them: Evidence paper on corruption January 2015 “What are the conditions that facilitate corruption, what are its costs and what are the most effective ways to combat it?”
The Ethicos Toolkits
Ethics and Conduct Codes